Manchester and security in Croydon
24/05/2017 13:03:00......Posted by Mario Creatura
Following the tragic attack in Manchester on Monday evening, the Prime Minister announced last night that the UK threat level has been raised from Severe (attack highly likely) to Critical (an attack may be imminent).
We know that some in our community may concerned by this. Please rest assured that everyone in Croydon Council and the local police are doing all they can to ensure we remain safe. Borough police across London are engaging with their local stakeholders and through their local networks, providing support and reassurance to vulnerable communities, with the business community, schools and faith premises.
- Safer Schools officers will be reaching out and available to reassure pupils and answer questions they have.
- As well as reaching out to reassure local partners and communities, local police are actively monitoring community tensions.
- The Council encourages all residents to report any hate crime to police. We will not tolerate hate crime and the police will investigate all reports that are made to them.
If you notice any suspicuous activity, please do report it using the following:
- To report suspected terrorist activity please call the police anti-terror hotline on 0800 789 321.
- To report hate crime please call 101 or via www.report-it.org.uk
- You can also report hate crime anonymously via Crimestoppers - 0800 555111
- You can report graffiti to email@example.com
- In an emergency always call 999.
Further information regarding the threat level can be found here: https://www.mi5.gov.uk/threat-levels
If you have any other questions or concerns, do contact myself or my fellow Coulsdon West councillors using: