SPD2 Residents Association Meeting
26/09/2018 22:27:00.......Posted by Scott Roche
The council has recently started the consultation period for the Draft Suburban Design Guide Supplementary Planning Document (SPD2). The council is developing a new policy for planning guidelines, to intensify development in key areas of Croydon; Shirley is one of those areas.
Today Cllr Jason Perry held a public meeting for all the Resident groups across the borough. It quickly became clear that there is a lot of concern from resident’s group’s right across Croydon! Resident groups feel their concerns are not being listened to, and the council will approve inappropriate developments no matter what the cost will be to the local community.
For full details of the Draft Suburban Design Guide Supplementary Planning Document (SPD2), please visit the following link:
Community engagement sessions will be held across the borough to engage residents, businesses, developers and interested parties on the draft SPD2.
I would strongly recommend residents attend one of the remaining sessions held by the council.
Details of the remaining consultation sessions are as follows:
1. Saturday 29 September, 10am – 2pm, Purley Library, Banstead Road, Purley, CR8 3YH
2. Tuesday 2 October, 4pm – 8pm, Christchurch Methodist Hall Addiscombe, 114 Lower Addiscombe Road, Croydon, CR0 6AD
3. Thursday 4 October, 4pm – 8pm, Selsdon Community Centre for the retired, 132 Addington Road, Selsdon, CR2 8LA
4. Tuesday 9 October, 4pm – 8pm, Shirley Community Centre, 28 Shrublands Avenue, Croydon, CR0 8JA
If you are unable to attend a consultation session in person, you can also make a representation by:
1. Emailing a completed representation form to LDF@croydon.gov.uk
2. Alternatively, by posting it to Spatial Planning Service, 6th Floor Zone B, Bernard Weatherill House, 8 Mint Walk, Croydon, CR0 1EA.
Please note that any representations received after 15 October 2018 will not be accepted by the Council as duly made. Any representation must include a name and either an e-mail or postal address all of which must be legible in order to be accepted by the Council as duly made.
As a member of the Planning Committee, I will always stand up for the Shirley Community.
If you have any questions about any of this, please do let me know by email: