London Borough of Croydon’s Local Plan
23/11/2015 19:55:00......Posted by Margaret Bird
Notice of Consultation on the Croydon Local Plan: Strategic Policies – Partial Review (Preferred and Alternative Options) and the Croydon Local Plan: Detailed Policies and Proposals (Preferred and Alternative Options).
The Town and Country Planning (Local Planning) (England) Regulations 2012- Regulation 18 and the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004 (as amended)
The Croydon Local Plan: Strategic Policies was adopted in April 2013 and sets a vision and framework for the planning of the borough up to 2031. A Partial Review of the Strategic Policies has been undertaken to ensure the borough has an up to date development plan to 2036 and to take account of the Further Alterations to the London Plan, which has increased the borough’s housing requirement. The Partial Review also includes updated evidence on employment policies, community facilities and a move from Local Areas of Special Character to Local Heritage Areas.
The Croydon Local Plan: Detailed Policies and Proposals will provide greater planning policy detail to the Strategic Policies, setting out development management planning policies and site allocations for a range of land uses to meet the borough’s growth needs to 2036. The Detailed Policies and Proposals will also ensure a continued focus on the 16 Places of Croydon outlined in the Croydon Local Plan: Strategic Policies. The focus on the 16 Places of Croydon provides detailed context to important and valued character, functions and opportunities for each Place. Once adopted, the Detailed Policies and Proposals will replace the currently saved policies of the Unitary Development Plan (2006).
Following Cabinet approval in September 2015, consultation on the Croydon Local Plan: Strategic Policies – Partial Review (Preferred and Alternative Options) and the Croydon Local Plan: Detailed Policies and Proposals (Preferred and Alternative Options) will take place from 6 November to 18 December 2015 (inclusive).
Consultation events will take place across the borough in the following locations and will focus on some of the 16 Places with one event covering all of Croydon.
· Tuesday 17 November 3.30pm to 8pm, – Addington Community Centre, Central Parade, New Addington CR0 0JB (Addington)
· Wednesday 25 November 4.30pm to 8pm – St. John’s Community Hall, Upper Selsdon Road, Selsdon CR2 8DD (Sanderstead, Selsdon and Shirley)
· Saturday 28 November 10am to 2pm – Community Space, Bernard Weatherill House, Croydon CR0 1EA (on all of Croydon)
· Wednesday 2 December 3.30pm to 8pm – Christ Church Methodist Church Hall, 114 Lower Addiscombe Road, Addiscombe CR0 6AD (Croydon Opportunity Area, Broad Green & Selhurst, Waddon, South Croydon and Addiscombe)
· Tuesday 8 December 3.30pm to 8pm – Purley Baptist Church, Banstead Road, Purley CR8 3EA (Purley, Coulsdon, Kenley & Old Coulsdon)
· Wednesday 9 December 4pm to 8pm – South Norwood Methodist Church, Suffolk Road, South Norwood SE25 6EG (Norbury, Thornton Heath, South Norwood and Woodside and Crystal Palace & Upper Norwood).
Both Local Plan documents, the accompanying Sustainability Appraisals and the Representation Form to respond to the Consultation may be viewed:
· At the borough’s libraries (during normal opening hours)
· At Bernard Weatherill House (Access Croydon), Mint Walk, Croydon, 9:00am-4:00pm (Monday to Friday)
· By downloading from the Council’s website:
Croydon Local Plan: Strategic Policies – Partial Review (Preferred and Alternative Options) www.croydon.gov.uk/localplanone
Croydon Local Plan: Detailed Policies and Proposals (Preferred and Alternative Options) www.croydon.gov.uk/localplantwo
· Alternative formats of the document are available on request at LDF@croydon.gov.uk or 020 8407 1385.
For enquiries or further information email LDF@croydon.gov.uk or call the Spatial Planning Team on 020 8407 1385.
Head of Spatial Planning Service