We know that people sometimes find the NHS confusing and don’t always know where to go for the right support for their health and care needs.
And we know this puts pressure on certain services – especially over the winter period.
That’s why we are raising awareness of the services available this winter, so that you get the best possible care from our precious NHS:
- Pharmacists are experts in many aspects of healthcare and you don’t need an appointment and many have private consultations areas, so they are a good first port of call.
- Did you know you can get a GP appointment from 8am-8pm, 7 days a week? If you know you don’t need A&E, don’t wait. Book an appointment with a GP in your area.
- A fully trained advisor can help with your urgent medical concerns at any time, on the phone. Call NHS 111 for free assistance.
- Children in Croydon aged 2 or 3 can get a free flu nasal spray vaccination. Protect your child from the flu without involving any needles. Speak to your GP about this now.
- 1 in 3 over 65s did not get their free flu vaccine last winter in Croydon. Speak to your GP or Pharmacist about getting your free flu vaccine.
- Use the ‘GP at hand’ app to get 24/7 advice from a GP: https://www.gpathand.nhs.uk/
Remember - by utilising health services outside of Accident & Emergency we can help ensure that the NHS delivers the best possible care to everyone.